I use this blog as a way of talking to you all about life with inflammatory arthritis and life with chronic illness in general, but I was thinking after my latest blog entry about having an identity crisis, that I have never really introduced myself. I don’t want to do some kind of boring “I am 5’6” and have size 6 feet” or “I’m the eldest child in my family” kind of thing. That’s boring.
So. Here’s a slightly alternative 10 things about me entry.
- Who am I? I am the girl who loves my island, the girl who loves the sea, it calls meeeeee. Oh wait, that’s Moana, not me. But that leads me nicely to point number 1, I LOVE everything about Disney. My favourite has to be The Jungle Book, and I have an unhealthy obsession with Baloo. I have heaps of Baloo toys and memorabilia, including, but not limited to pjs’ clothes and bedding. I went to Disneyworld Florida dressed as Baloo and when I met him, I pretty much cried. It is still the happiest moment of my life. I’m 29 years old by the way. This happened less than 2 years ago.
- I am a Cancerian born under a Gemini Moon. This explains why I articulate with wild hands, why I love to write and most importantly, why I love to talk.
- I am of part Chinese heritage and I am incredibly proud of this (FYI, I’m a dragon).
- I am scared of balloons, Christmas crackers and party poppers. I.E anything that has a potential to go BANG.
- I am an avid reader. In fact, I would say that reading is my favourite thing to do. I think I own more books than the average library.
- I have moved house at least 16 times. It may be more, but it’s hard to keep up.
- I can play both the piano and the violin, but sadly, not at the same time.
- I love to drink tea. 90% of my body is made up of tea. I drink probably 12-15 cups a day. And that’s on top of the 3 litres of water I drink every day. What can I say? Hydration is key.
- I cannot eat pineapple, oranges or prawns. The string-y texture makes me wanna cry.
- I am Slytherin. There is nothing more to add to that.
So, there you have it. 10 slightly random facts about me, which, when I read them back make me question how mentally stable I actually am. If there’s anything else anyone wants to know then drop me a message, and as always, any future topics you want me to cover then send them my way and I’ll do my best!
What are some wonderful facts about you??